Do you want to lead the German growth strategy at an electric vehicle start-up growing 600% year-on-year while also reducing carbon emissions globally?
Germany is our newest market and we are looking for someone to come in and supercharge growth. We launched in Paris in September and we already have bikes with some of the largest quick commerce companies in the city. We need someone to come in and 10X the German business over the next 12 months.
Do you want to be part of a huge growth story, lead the charge and smash through barriers? Do you get your energy from seeing the direct impact of your work on customers who need our solution? If so, we want to talk to you!
Zoomo focuses on Electric Vehicles, the Internet of Things, and Logistics / Transportation / Shipping. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, and Sydney. They have a mid-size team that’s between 51-200 employees.
- THE ROLE
Germany is one of the largest opportunities globally and we are looking for someone who can build from scratch. We want someone who excels at building partnerships, knows how to grow a team and can build exceptional culture. In this critical strategic leadership role, you will be responsible for overall market performance and growth.
You are a creative, big-picture individual who is excited to be accountable for your own team and P&L. This includes not only financial management but also team leadership across departments (including partnerships, operations, local marketing and government relations). We’re now in hyper-growth mode across the business and this is a land grab! We encourage you to do deals and think big.
You’ll report to the Regional Director for Europe and join a highly talented, close-knit peer group of GMs globally, all of whom have been in your position and will play a big part in your success. We also have a European strategy and launch team in place, they will be your best friends and support you in scaling at pace.
We are also hiring a GM for France, you will learn, lean on and build your business hand in hand with them.Based in Germany and responsible for Zoomo’s German Operations in the following areas
Define and lead Zoomo’s market growth strategy across operations, marketing, recruiting, business development, support, and much more with the full support of the Regional Director and the European growth team.
- Define and implement Zoomo’s business and operational strategy in your market: build a national fleet operation, define and implement a warehouse strategy and build internal operational capabilities – all with the goal of creating best-in-class and highly efficient operations
- Act as a business owner: develop new ideas relentlessly to push operational standards to the next level, shape the business model, and execute accordingly
- Develop and execute the Germany strategy: develop your 2022 Strategy to 10x the business. Execute on marketing and growth initiatives, build new partnerships and close big deals to get you there
- Operationalise the Zoomo Playbook: localise, refine and operationalise the Zoomo Playbook for your market – operating model, pricing and plans, product – to ensure the greatest customer experience and share of wallet.
- Launch: Execute the Launch Playbook for your market and launch it in every major city in Germany
- Build a high performing team: Manage and grow a team of world-class operational leaders. You will be responsible for shaping the organisation and defining hiring needs in your market, while also setting the future strategy; leading by example and establishing a fun, inclusive, and safe work environment
- Share information: Synthesise feedback and recommendations to central operations, business, product and engineering teams
- Be a culture carrier: Create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace
- ABOUT ZOOMO
At Zoomo, we’re leading the charge in enabling our vision to transition every urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) that are accessible to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform.
In the short span since the founders went full time in 2019, Zoomo has raised over $95M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance.
We’re a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the Philippines, where we are now the trusted partner to some of the world’s leading and most innovative companies like Uber, DoorDash, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Wholefoods, Gorillas, Just Eat, Getir, and many more.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven success in a similar role – leading operations/logistics, leading diverse teams, developing procedures, optimizing systems, and achieving benchmark operational goals
- Experience in growing a team, you will need to hire the German team
- Strong operational mindset. Enjoying self-development through managing the beauty and constraints of a 24/7 business
- Exceptional organizational skills
- An over-communicator who has strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate, present and debate recommendations at all levels of the business
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive, positive & supportive work environment for all
- A passion for e-mobility, Zoomo’s mission
- Someone who can live Zoomo’s Values
- Recently Posted Remote Jobs
Traits that we are looking for:
- Proactive and passionate self-starter with a bias towards action and constant prioritization.
- Track record of “getting things done, know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions
- Analytical – Able to ‘think big as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’
- Strategic thinker – Can stay one step ahead when thinking about the impact of the changes
- Adaptable fixer – enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness.
- Can build “stuff” – approaches, processes, tools and change methodologies
- Inquisitive – infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status quo
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
You don’t need to have been a GM before, but a passion for owning a business, a talent for building partnerships and an obsession with customer success is essential!
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model.
- Tech Allowance for BYO device
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Pet-friendly office at HQ
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.